Wednesday, September 15, 2010

George Duke: Night After Night (1989)

George Duke says: "It took a few years before I was ready to record another CD. With the mediocre success of George Duke, I needed time to think about my musical direction. Also, I had many A&R meetings with Bob Krasnow about the direction for the project. I would try a few things, send them to him for his reaction, and so on and so forth. I had never been in that position before. By the way, that goes on in the biz everyday, but not to me!! I went along with the program since I knew that if this record didn't do well, that it was curtains for me at Elektra."
Tracklist:
01. Miss Wiggle
02. Children of the Night
03. Love Ballad
04. Guilty
05. Same Ole Love
06. Say Hello
07. You Are the Only One in My Life
08. Brazilian Coffee
09. This Lovin'
10. Mystery Eyes
11. 560 SL
12. Fuzzzion
13. Rise Up
Personnel:
George Duke - synclavier,TX 816,acoustic piano,D550,Super Jupiter,Mini Moog,Castlebar clavinet, lead and background vocals
Feddie"Ready" Washington - bass solos exept "Fuzzzion"
Byron Miller - bass on "Guilty"
Paul Jackson,Jr. - guitar
Stanley Clarke - bass on "Fuzzzion"
John Robinson - drums
Airto Moreira - percussion on "Fuzzzion"
Jerry Hey - trumpet
Gary Grant - trumpet
Bill Reichenbach - trombone
Larry Williams - tenor sax
Marc Russo - alto sax on "Guilty"
Rayford Griffin - drums on "560 SL","Fuzzzion"
Michael Landau - guitar on "560 SL"
Alphonso Johnson - fretless bass on "Fuzzzion"
Jean-Luc Ponty - violin on "Fuzzzion"
Michael Sembello - guitar on "Fuzzzion"
Vocals: Alexandra Brown, Lynn Davis, Howard Hewett, James Ingram, Josie James, Marcy Levy, Phil Perry, Carl Carwell, Joey Diggs, Johnny Gill, Natalie Jackson, Keith John, Jeffrey Osborne
Night After Night
Hotfile / Uploading flac