Monday, October 3, 2011

Krzysztof Scieranski: Directions (2008)

1976-80 I used to be bass player of Cracow band Laboratorium. Together with Laboratorium I recorded five 'vinyls'. 1980 Zbyszek Namys--owski invited me to his new band called Air Condition.
Together with String Connection I recorded five long-plays.1982 My first solo concert on bass was in 1982 at Solo Duo Trio Festival in Rotunda, Krakow. In 1983 I recorded my first authorial disc Bass Line.
1985 In 1985 I settled my own band – a trio with my brother Pawe-- [guitar] and Marek Surzyn, who played the drums [well, he still plays but at that time with me]. We recorded only one disc – Confusion but visited many beautiful places, to mention: Nancy, France [a city settled by Stanis--aw Leszczy--ski - a Polish king]. We also played in Germany and had a couple of great tours in Hungary. ... The beginning of the 80s was a time of my cooperation with Wolfgang Thierfeld – plays drums, sometimes drums and keyboard simultaneously [Wolfgang Thierfeld: WolfStep AnimalField].
About 3 years ago a new group settled: Zbigniew Jakubek [keyboard], Marek Napiorkowski [guitar], Micha-- D--browka [drums] and me on bass We play from time to time, recorded a disc 'live' in Opole Radio and will master it soon.
For years I've been interested in rhythms and ways of producing it. For example, the same rhythm in the same beat played by Africans is different from the one played by Brazilians. I like salsa very much (mongo santamaria, Ray Baretto, Tito Puente, Michael Camillo etc.) Whenever the occasion rises I go to African concerts (e.g. Zap Mama, Fefe) In my compositions I use African and south African virtues, connect them with traditional, even classical, one could say, harmony. I dream about going for Brazil for some time to listen and play with local musicians. ~ Krzysztof Scieranski
Tracklist:
1. Modlitwa [08:01]
2. Pustynna Burza [06:06]
3. Tybetandy [04:19]
4. Harley Benton [05:50]
5. Chinski Blues [06:32]
6. Rajski Ptak [03:32]
7. Od Zmierzchu Do Switu [08:55]
8. Latin Blues [07:23]
9. Dying Star [05:37]
------------------