Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Steve Lukather: Luke (1997)

"Welcome to the 3rd installment. You will find this record to be a bit of a departure from my other two because I really wanted to do something different. Maybe because my life is just different now and when I began writing and recording for this record I was in a rather introspective, life-evaluating space. Consequently, my approach to the whole reord, musically and sonically, just seemed to take another direction. I was inspired by all the music I grew up listening to and how it has influenced and chronicled different phases of my life and it came out liberally and deliberately on the record. In fact, I think this record is the closest amalgamation of all the different facets of me than anything I have recorded in the past, thus the original title. I experimented with some different instrumentation and recording techniques this time. All the tracks were recorded live except for vocals and a few other oddities. The solos that I do have on the record like Tears of my own shame and Blue bird were kept intact with all their imperfections as to keep the approach REAL and honest. I decided to focus on other aspects of my music this time. You hear sounds like pedal steel guitar, harmonicas, Mellotrons and some different guitar tones and rawer-sounding bass and drum parts. I mixed all this in with some modern recording techniques. I even purposefully distorted the vocals on some occasions... so there is nothing wrong with your system (haha). I think we captured the spirit of where I seem to be coming from at this time. I want to thank ALL of the musicians and Tom for their input and keeping me from myself when it was necessary, for making me keep things I would normally "fix" and maybe "fix" the edge right out of. I also want to thank Elliot Scheiner for coming in and mixing my album and putting some fresh ears on it.
See ya on the road!!" (Luke)
Tracklist:1 The real truth (Lukather, Waybill)
2 Broken machine (Lukather, Soussan)
3 Tears of my own shame (Lukather, Soussan)
4 Love the things you hate (Lukather, Soussan)
5 Hate everything about you (Lukather, R. Crowell)
6 Reservations to live (The way it is) (Lukather, Waybill)
7 Don't hang me on (Lukather, Soussan)
8 Always be there for me (Lukather)
9 Open your heart (Lukather, Goodrum)
10 Bag o'tales (Lukather, Soussan)
11 Blue bird (Stephen Stills)
Personnel:
Steve Lukather, Gregg Bissonette, John Pierce, Jim Cox, Phil Soussan, Maxie Anderson, Alfie Silas Duno, J.D. Maness, Pino Palladino, David Paich.
================
320K
Uploading
Fileserve
Depositfiles