Friday, October 28, 2011

Steve Weingart & Renee Jones: Dialogue (2011)

In the making of my third album, 'Dialogue', I enjoyed many first time experiences. One was developing some of the music in co-writing with my wife, Renee Jones. It is her first time recording bass and vocals on an entire project with me. Renee's participation in this music brought about another level in our friendship/marriage. We decided that since everything went so well, we would make our partnership the core of this work, and make plans to tour together in support of this album. Also very noteworthy was my experience with drummer, Simon Phillips who, during the initial stages became co-producer. Because we shared a lot of common ground in our musical tastes, it was very easy to work together. I think that companionship is quite evident upon listening to the very high production value Simon brought to this album, -not only in his musical performance, but also in engineering and mixing the album. My good friends, Steve Lukather, Victor Wooten, and Lenny Castro graciously brought their voices to this album as well. It was quite an experience working with these guys as well as my friends and great musicians, Mike Miller-guitar, and Katisse Buckingham-saxes & flute, who appear throughout this album. I'm very proud of this body of music. I am also honored that we all shared such good and positive experiences in the making of this CD. I learned that you cannot underestimate the power of friendship, and I know my fond and happy memories of these sessions will live forever. ~ Steve Weingart
Tracklist:
01. Village [05:29]
02. Restless [04:59]
03. Back Down [05:36]
04. Eethray [05:24]
05. Lighthouse [05:03]
06. Busy Day [05:35]
07. Empty Chair (for Zawinul) [03:04]
08. Spider Web [05:26]
09. Tell Tales [04:55]
10. Do Note Move [05:43]
11. Dialogue [05:21]
Personnel:
Steve Weingart - Piano, Keyboards, Vocals;
Renee Jones - Electric Bass, Vocals;
Simon Phillips - Drums;
Mike Miller - Electric Guitar ; Bouzouki on 'Busy Day';
Katisse Buckingham - Saxes & Flute;
Lenny Castro - Percussion (Tracks 01, 04, 06, 09, 11);
Michael O'Day - Additional percussion on 'Dialogue'.
Special Guests:
Steve Lukather: electric guitar on 'Busy Day', Acoustic guitar on 'Dialogue';
Victor Wooten: electric bass feature and solos on 'Do Note Move'.
==============
192K
Uploading
Fileserve